May 6, 2007

Investing in Pain

In the continuing quest for physical well-being, having weighed all kinds of logical and other reasoning into the choice, *Running* emerged as a clear and (on hindsight) only choice.
Relevant criteria:

  • Time Reqd - as much (2hrs on sunday morn) to as little ( 25mts) afforded.
  • Equipment - Running shoes,shorts ,cool shades..
  • Venue - All roads (sometime every 24 hrs) look like a cruising freeway to a runner.
  • CityGrind- A run can be accomodated in any city in any country in any schedule.
  • Healthy - Heard about someone who beat leukemia just running.
  • Shapely - The coolest human looks adorn real runners.
That done, the real reasons to get running:
  • Eat/Drink and make merry and running takes care of the rest.
  • You feel elevated in most all times/places for no local reasons.
  • The inner satisfaction of those strong bionic legs attached to you make the world an easy walk at most.
  • Most anything you could conjure up going wrong with your body..you know it .. nothing a good hours run won't beat out and away.. you just know.
  • You just feel younger and ..
I had been running for years ( as an antidote to Mumbai's and my own unhealthy living/working/eating/drinking/... ) and knew if I needed to see some of my middle/old age I needed to just keep running at least once/twice a week.

Then I got into the marathon trippy..after two half marathons ( run in around 2 hrs) I knew I was doing it all wrong..too much energy being spent and panting like a dog is no fun while the Kenyans are *cruising* around double the distance in that time.
So, quick google and.. I learn *running form* is all it is about.

So here I am now perfecting my running form .. ballofthefeet running to be precise.

..more later on the journey into this amazing hip(driven) high.